Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

15 week journal

Hey baby,
How ya doing in there? I think you're probably growing something important since I was nauseous this past week, and now I'm so tired it's all I can do sit upright.  Keep growing!

How Far Along: 15 weeks, 3 days

Size of baby: Naval Orange, at 4 inches and 2.5 oz.

Gender: We find out in less than a month

Movement:  It's moving, but mom can't feel it yet.

How I'm Changing: I'm starting to grow out of my yoga pants, because I'm pretty sensitive now to tight things.  I can feel the hardness and (I'll call it a baby bubble) moving upwards, instead of just being in my lower stomach.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have to admit, this one is causing more grief and stress than it should. Luckily the scale is hidden.

Maternity Clothes: I should get me some of these.  My t-shirts are even getting short, so I love the longness of the two geeky maternity shirts Dad bought me.

How I'm Feeling: Most days I'm okay, but today I really feel completely wiped out.

Sleep: Decent. Some nights I get up to pee, but some I don't.  I had horrible VIVID  and scary dreams last night. Oh...maybe that's why I feel like crap today.

What I miss: feeling pretty. I got a hair cut I hate (it's just all wrong and only looks good curly), nothing I own fits, and I just feel frumpy.  I'm not even so obviously pregnant that I don't just look fat.

What I'm Eating: Most anything. I haven't really had food aversions or crazy cravings.

Cravings: Not really, but I'm loving root beer lately.

Best Moment this week: I wouldn't call it a 'best' moment, but I did go to the dentist this morning...
I will leave you with a picture of me in one of the pregnancy shirts that Aaron bought me...

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You'll love my other one even more:)! I'll try to post it next week.

      Delete
  2. I like the shirt, too. I mostly wanted to say that I most definitely remember that, "people can't really tell that I'm for sure pregnant, so I just look chubbier" phase. I hated it. All for good cause, though, right? (Not that this makes you feel any better, I understand).

    ReplyDelete