Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Friday, May 31, 2013

Pregnancy Journal Week 6

We actually thought we were 10 days farther along, but the ultrasound showed that you were still teeny, and put us back to 6 weeks.  I wanted to start a journal, and maybe I can get some pictures up soon, but I don't look pregnant yet.

How Far Along: 6.5 weeks

Size of baby: .25 inches the size of a sweet pea!  Your grandfather thinks that these comparisons to food are hysterical by the way.

Gender: You don't have arms or a gender yet!

Movement:  We got to see your heart move, but I won't feel you for a long time.

How I'm Changing: I'm having lots of symptoms, and food aversions.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I probably gained 5lbs in the first week, and have stayed there.

Maternity Clothes: No, but I only have one pair of jeans that isn't too tight on my lower stomach.

How I'm Feeling: Tired, worried about the nausea, but in a great mood otherwise

Sleep: What's this?  From the day I got pregnant I stopped being able to sleep past 7:30 in the morning. Since I've been up for an hour every night eating and just being awake, I've moved that to 8, but I'm not sleeping well at all lately.

What I miss: the energy to exercise and be active!

What I'm Eating: anything that doesn't make me gag? I'm eating a lot of carbs (crackers, granola bar, fruit, juice) but protein seems to kick up the nausea and heartburn, so I haven't eaten any red meat in awhile.

Cravings: not really any, just eating what sounds good.

Best Moment this week: Seeing your heartbeat...omg I can't describe how awesome that was.



No comments:

Post a Comment