Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

If you didn't already know...

I found out on Mother's day, through peeing on hands more times than I'd like to admit, that we're expecting!  We're excited, terrified, and...I want to write about it.  There have been a million thoughts going through my mind since we found out we were expecting, and since we haven't made it entirely public, I wanted a place where I could write...to my future baby.  

Getting pregnant didn't come easily to us. It's been a 3 and a half year journey, and we had both finally started seriously wondering if biological children weren't going to be a part of our history together.  Finding out I was pregnant...was a huge shock. I still wake up every morning, roll over and say 'omg we're having a baby!'.  As someone who has taken care of children for years, I know exactly what I'm getting into, so if you're wondering about the terror--that's where that comes in.  

I have to be open in admitting that I'm terrified that I'll lose this pregnancy.  I want this baby so much it hurts, but since 1 in 4 pregnancies ends in miscarriage, each day of a healthy pregnancy is a victory.  

Hopefully this can be a repository for all things baby related, and I'd just like to mention, I love my URL!


No comments:

Post a Comment