Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

Dear Ada,
Your first Father's Day! Last weekend we made footprints on canvas as a present for dad, but I promised dad around mother's day, that we would have a picnic for Father's Day. Indeed, the day started quite early, as I had to take my friend Margaret to the airport after a wonderful.  I picked up a bagel for his breakfast, and served him that and some fruit salad in bed.  After you woke up (nice and late around 9:30) we prepared to go to Sandy Point State Park for our picnic. We showed up in street cloths with you, a diaper bag and a small lunch box. Everyone else there showed up with their entire family, a charcoal grill, food for 20, and swimsuits. We felt a little out of place.  It was wonderful though. The weather was perfect, and we even took a scenic walk in the woods.  It was a lovely time had by all.  It not only was a wonderful Father's Day, but just a lovely Sunday.

Dear Aaron (aka Dad)
Thank you for being such a wonderful father to Ada. You're amazing, and even better than I could ever have asked for. I love how I walk with her into a room and you just want to squish her.  I love how you offer to take care of her, even though you know she'll be whiny because I'm not home, and the look of love in your eye every time she chatters, drools, and tries to suck on your nose.  We've had a wonderful time as parents so far, and I can't wait to see what adventures we'll have. So much love to you.

Love,
Mom



You were dancing on the table at dinner

A beautiful heron that we saw on our walk

The bay! And dad wearing you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment