Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Saturday, December 21, 2013

35 week journal/update

My love,

I was really good about keeping this up without missing a week, but last week and this week were both hectic, and at times discouraging.  The general gist of it was that I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes after (barely) failing 2/4 of the blood tests in the 3 hour panel.  I now get the honor of weekly sonograms (which are REALLY boring this far along as all you see are ribs), a strict diet, checking my blood sugar 4 times a day, and potentially having to battle with the birthing center for the privilage of being able to birth there instead of being sent to the hospital. And to top it off, this diet isn't helping me lose weight...I'm still gaining faster than they are going to like. To put it mildly, my happy pregnant glowy bubble was a bit burst.  I was already sick of people harassing me constantly and my reward for that was to suddenly have ten times more attention than I ever wanted.

  Yes, I know this isn't some death sentence. Yes I know that I'd do just about anything for a healthy kid.  Yes, I know that gestational diabetes isn't a rarity, and in fact that dietitian told me how surprised she was that I hadn't developed it before now because of my history of PCOS.  Yes, I'm aware that most of this could be seen as straight up whiny. I do however think that I've reached the 'stabby' stage of pregnancy and if I want to complain I can.

Alright kiddo...and world. That's my update for now. It's Christmas next week but I have appointments most days. I'm super excited to see my grandmother on Monday though!!  It will be your first time meeting her!


How far along: 35 weeks

Size of baby: A coconut! Although our sonogram showed that she's around 6'9 already.  Who really knows how accurate they are though.

Gender: girl

Movement: Oh yes...you move. Anddd it's starting to get a lot less pleasant as you run out of room. You're still a roller and stretcher, not a kicker.  

How I'm Changing: I had some seriously emotional crying days.  Especially Monday...I basically spent all day Monday crying...and then felt awesome on Tuesday.  It was odd.

Maternity Clothes: Yeah...my belly is a bit ridiculous.

How I'm Feeling: I was feeling fine for the most part, but I've been getting sinus headaches because the weather goes from 30-70 degrees in 24 hours.  It's a bit hard on my sinuses.  

Sleep: I started sleeping with earplugs to block out dad's snores and magically started sleeping in 4 hour blocks. It's MAGIC.

What I miss: Hm...being left the heck alone?  My ribs not feeling like they've been kicked?

What I'm Eating: exactly what I'm told to eat when I am told to eat!  Actually I'm enjoying pulling dad into this diet and trying to get him to eat more regularly.

Cravings: Meh...I could always use a spoon and apple pie, but that's not happening for a long time.

Best Moment this week: My little frog wrap arrived, and I've been working on breaking it in most of the evening. I also got to go out on a date with my best friend's little sister. Having a teen around is so much fun.


Love,

Mom

The belly is getting ridiculous.  I know she's head down and her rump is the big bump. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! She'll be here soon!!! Thanks for the update :)

    ReplyDelete