Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

32 week journal

Ada,
Sorry I'm late!  As usual, I have loads of ideas of what I want to write, but then forget to actually sit down and write them.  We've had a busy week.  We started out last weekend by going to IKEA and buying a kitchen table, some chairs and all of the things we need to put up your curtains. We've (okay...mostly dad) continued to put together your nursery.  Love your dresser, child. Love it, because we both HATE it.  It's taken hours to put together because there are hundreds of pieces to a dresser that just isn't that big.  Then after our IKEA trip, we hosted a fakesgiving for our friends, where we made turkey and all the fixings, but on Sunday instead of Thursday.  For Thanksgiving we were invited to a friend's house, where we had a wonderful time. The same people invited us over for their annual latkes party that Saturday...so we were busy!
How far along: 32 weeks aka 8 months

Size of baby:  Squash
Average size: 15.2- 16.7 inches, 2.5-3.8 lb. By squash they must mean that squished feeling I now feel in my lungs.

Gender: girl

Weight gain: Uh...I need to get back to counting calories because Thanksgiving and an abundance of pie did a number on the scale...and my butt.

Movement: You're in there...moving, stretching and occasionally learning how to run using my right hip to practice on.  We did physical therapy and BOOM! someone turned around, immediately. *yey* for being in the right position!!

How I'm Changing: My belly is getting bigger/rounder. My ribs are spreading.  While I'm happy it took 30 weeks for this to happen, it may be my least favorite part of this entire process. Well that and the can't take deep breaths part.

Maternity Clothes: Um...yes!  My non maternity shirts are just too short, and look somewhat ridiculous with tanks under them at this point.  I'm loving my sweats when I'm home but I change into maternity jeans when I go out so I look somewhat respectable.

How I'm Feeling: I can't sleep particularly deeply anymore and am up at least 4 times per night, but I could sleep till noon. I'm becoming a night owl, even more than before it seems but I'm a bit of a lump before noon.  I'm starting to feel the physical restrictions of being 8 months pregnant, like the breathing, I realized I can't cross my legs anymore, my knees ache a bit, yoga is hard etc.  Luckily my lower back generally has held out surprisingly well.

Sleep: I get up 2 times to pee. Sometimes I don't need to actually pee, but when I'm laying down I can't tell, so I have to stand up to find out and at that point, what the heck.  This different feeling bladder has thrown me for a loop. I feel like I go to the bathroom out of boredom.

What I miss: Being 50 lbs lighter and much more active. Putting on a bra shouldn't count as aerobic activity.

What I'm Eating: Food...

Cravings: I wanted brie cheese, but I don't know if that was a craving so much as a 'hmmm that sounds delightful!'

Best Moment this week:I wrote about all of the awesome stuff this week up top. I think however that reading to your dad while he puts together your nursery is pretty awesome.  I'm looking forward to your shower next weekend, and lots of friends.  Also.... I FINISHED YOUR BLANKET....but your dad thinks I should make it bigger. I think he should shaddup and learn to crochet himself if he wants it bigger because as simple as this pattern looks, it is ridiculously time consuming.  Sorry kid...you're going to be stuck with a small blanket (not like you don't have another 20 of them).

Oh I'm getting so impatient to meet you!!

Mom
Seriously dad...you cut off half of the blanket in this picture...

If you haven't noticed, I love this shirt. It was like
$5 from Old Navy and is so warm and comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment