Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

33 week journal

I'm late, as usual, and don't have a picture this week. See, that would require actually getting dressed and I'm not feeling it today.

How far along: 33 weeks

Size of baby:  One website is saying pineapple (which was last week) and the one I usually use is saying durian fruit.  Um...really people? Do I want to compare my child to a fruit that's outlaws on subways because it smells so foul? sigh.

Gender: girl

Movement: I can sometimes make you move under my hand, if your facing the right direction. It's so cool to feel your arms or legs under my hand.  You *were* head down, but I'm not sure what position you're in now.  You've been moving in ways that cause more pain (perhaps contractions?) lately, especially if I lean forward.  You also apparently like to get nice and active while I'm driving.
Also...you get the hiccups like 3 times a day, which is pretty hilarious.

How I'm Changing: I'm trying to nest, or at least get the nursery and your clothing prepared.  Notice the use of the word 'trying' because it's not really happening.

Maternity Clothes: When I actually leave the house, I'm a fan.  I may be over the leaving the house thing though...

How I'm Feeling: I'm napping more, and occasionally just lose it and need to cry on Aaron's shoulder when the anxiety gets too much.  It's not like I can turn it off, or that it's there constantly, but some days are much worse than others.

Sleep: Sorry dad, I hope you like the guest bed, because your snoring is interrupting my already fractured sleep schedule.

What I miss: Probably the luxury of time.

What I'm Eating: After my baby shower on Sunday, lots of cake...

Cravings:  I'm not sure I'm really craving anything.

Best Moment this week: Sunday was my baby shower. It was almost stormed out with snow and sleet but some brave souls managed to make it, and we colored onsies, opened gifts, ate lots of cake and had fun.  I'm hoping to get some pictures of the onsies up soon.  It turns out that my friends are really creative and came up with some wonderful, and adorable ideas.


Love you Ada, and we can't wait to meet you. I'd just kindly ask that you don't make your appearance until after the holidays. Believe me, you'll thank me for this one.

Love,

Mom


<where picture would be if I'd taken one this week>

No comments:

Post a Comment