Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Sunday, November 3, 2013

28 week journal

Baby...you're getting big, and it's already getting uncomfortable.  Fun times ahead....

How far along: 28 weeks

Size of baby: This week you resemble an eggplant in size, 13.6 -14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lb.

Gender: girl

Movement: I'm pretty sure last week you went from being happily transverse to a more amenable (to the doctors) position of head down. Your constant movement slowed down/stopped, and I'm having constant lower backaches.

How I'm Changing: I waddle. Mostly if I'm full of food or need to use the bathroom, but there is a pregnant lady walk happening.  My belly feels bigger, daily. I'm more uncomfortable walking since my feet and back ache more (read: pretty much all the time).  I'm tired after doing such taxing activities as folding laundry, and I'm starting to think that after the wedding I'm in next weekend, I want to hibernate in my house and not drive for awhile.

Maternity Clothes: I bought some from Old Navy, and they arrived this week. I have two really long comfy soft tanks, a long ribbed flannel, and a nice cotton shirt. I also discovered maternity yoga pants. I may be in love.  Obviously, I am quite satisfied with all of my purchases and to make the deal sweeter, they were all insanely cheap. I had them on clearance with 40% off on top of it!  I also bought a nice outfit, on sale, from Motherhood Maternity that should fit for the rest of this pregnancy. It's still in the bag, since I'm obviously really big on going on right now.

How I'm Feeling: Still freaked about how I'm going to make it through this wedding and reception and not crash.  Maybe I will, but, but I can't do much about it ahead of time.  I'm moody, and unpredictably cry...about things like cream cheese.  My blood sugar gets really low in the mornings before breakfast, and I'm noticing that I feel awful until I'm able to eat.  Dad has been wonderful at making me breakfast when he has time.

Sleep: *yey* your dad stopped snoring, mostly because he got over his cold.  I'm sleeping better, but there seem to be more naps in my day.  I'm also getting tired more easily.

What I miss: My feet and lower back not aching all the time.

What I'm Eating: Still eating food, magically enough.  I'm trying to stay away from really acidic things like tomatoes, because they tend to set off the heartburn. I'm enjoying soy yogurt with some granola mixed in for a quick protein hit, along with string cheese.  I'm eating out too much and really need more veggies in my life.

Cravings: Remember that pie craving last week? I ended up making 2, one for us and one for Dad's work...and then I proceeded to eat almost an entire one myself over 3 days.  I don't think I'll do that again. It really did give me a stomachache. I realize I don't really want the crust that much...I'd be happier with more yummy apples and less crust. I must investigate on crust pies.

Best Moment this week: All of your furniture arrived!  Dad has some quality time with you kicking him.  We had a lovely prenatal massage yesterday with my close friend and bride, and that was pretty awesome.  Also...you keep getting presents.

My birthday is in 11 days.  I'm pretty excited, although it will be low key. I think my 'present' is going to be a loveseat for our bedroom so we can set up a little sitting area in there where I can get away and nurse, watch TV or read.  Dad and I realized this past week that we want to change/rearrange every...single...room in the house (barring bathrooms) and it's a little overwhelming to think about.   Perhaps I should stop watching HGTV. It's giving me ideas.  

I was wearing my 'geek inside' shirt. Notice the super long tank top under the shirt, since
for a maternity shirt, it got short really really quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment