Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Sunday, November 17, 2013

30 week journal

How far along: 30 weeks

Size of baby: I have never met a 3lb cucumber, but this week the website says that you're the size of an English cucumber this week, "Average size: 15.2 -16.7 inches, 2.5-3.8 lb. Baby’s strong enough to grasp a finger now." Really? 3lb cucumber?  Let's stick with the squash comparisons, but knowing that you could hold my finger is incredible.

Gender: girl

Weight gain: Too much! I started tracking food/weight more, although I'm noticing if I get dehydrated my hands/feet swell and retain a ton of water. One day I lost 2 lbs in water weight.  Ouch.

Movement: You're pretty chill today (and you kicked as soon as I wrote that), but yesterday you were sloshing around and moving a lot. You weren't kicking, just moving, which is still a really odd feeling.  I think you may have turned the right direction, since I'm feeling up and down kicks vs. side to side ones.

How I'm Changing: Thirty weeks hit, and my feet hurt and my hands are swelling. I'm waddling more, my belly is getting more pronounced.

Maternity Clothes: I've got one pair of really comfortable (to sit in) maternity jeans. The others get too tight when I sit.  I just wear sweats at home, and if I go out I change into the nicer pants.

How I'm Feeling: Not too bad, although I'm libel to not be quite as polite as perhaps I should be. My having my hands/feet swell is pretty difficult though.

Sleep: I'm adjusting much better to getting up at night to use the bathroom.  I am also getting better at napping, with it not leaving me feeling worse afterwards.

What I miss: I miss...not feeling like there is this HUGE life changing deadline over my head.

What I'm Eating: This week...too many cupcakes.  My birthday party and college baby shower both had cupcakes...

Cravings: Earlier this week I really wanted pomegranate. I think part of that had to do with my desire to see Dad wack a pomegranate with a spoon though.

Best Moment this week: I had a fabulous dinner party for my birthday with a few close friends, followed two days later by a wonderful college friend baby shower.  It is always wonderful to get together with my college friends and we all had a wonderful time.  I needed a serious nap this morning though.

Obligatory belly rubbing (Thanks Janie for the pictures)
Oh my love...I can't wait to see you.  I still can't believe that there is a life inside of me, but all of your stuff has been taking over our house, so that's making it seem a bit more 'real.'  You continue to amaze me when you react to your dad's voice.  It's so sweet (and hilarious) when you kick him in the head.  I think you'll probably continue this habit even after you're born.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment