Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Monday, October 28, 2013

27 week journal

Baby girl,
I'm 28 weeks today, but my schedule is getting hectic, and I didn't get to write this last week.   I can't believe how quickly time is passing.  

How Far Along: 27 weeks

Size of baby: a size of a rutabaga, which I don't believe I've ever had before. They're odd looking.  


Gender: girl

Movement: You're much more active lately. For months you'd kick basically first thing in the morning, a little in the afternoon and before bed. Now it seems like you have a sort of constant low grade activity, depending on what I'm doing and how much sugar I've had.  You've also been doing these odd movements like lots of quick gentle pokes in succession that I can't figure out. Occasionally you'll play up in my ribs...that's a lovely feeling. 


How I'm Changing: The belly is getting bigger, and rounder.  Sleeping is getting a bit more difficult, and I'm having beached whale moments when I struggle to get up off of furniture.   I also think I waddle sometimes.  


Maternity Clothes: I've been wearing the jeans when I go out, but immediately changing back into PJ pants when I get home. I have a long tank top and a maternity tank that I wear under almost all my shirts because nothing I own is long enough otherwise.

How I'm Feeling: T
o put it gently...over emotional and moody.  I'm still having body issues, and putting on clothing in the morning makes me a little sad.  I'm pretty stressed over a wedding coming up really quickly that I'm in, and wondering how I'll be able to do things like run around and stand up all day.  I think I am just overwhelmed just thinking of everything, and I'm having trouble shaking it off.  


Sleep:I'm struggling here. I wake up to use the bathroom or roll over and I'm having a lot of issues going back to sleep. I find that if I take vitamin D before I go to sleep, I have trouble sleeping, but am awake the next day. If I don't take it, I sleep well but feel like crap most of the next day.  I'm not sure there is a happy medium here, and my moodiness is probably related to sleeping poorly at night. Also, Dad won't stop snoring, so he's been frequently kicked out to the guest room.  


What I miss: Fitting into my clothing, not aching, feeling energetic. Ohhh....making long term plans!

What I'm Eating: Food? Right now some soy yogurt and cheese stick. I need protein!  I also have to be careful because I had like 4 days of the worst heartburn of my life.

Cravings: meh...I would love some apple pie, but it's easy to combat a craving when you know YOU are the one that has to make said apple pie to be able to eat it.  

Best Moment this week: Your grandparents bought your nursery furniture! It should be here this week.  I'm so super excited to finally set up the nursery, and put things away. I think it would go a lot way towards helping me feel more settled in all this.  
I also go to take your dad to a pumpkin festival and he rode on his first hay ride.  Next year you can come and see if from the outside;).  

So...to all my friends. I apologize in advance for not being the nicest version of me possible, and also possibly bursting into tears if you point it out. I haven't had too many depression issues this pregnancy, but moderating my moods has been (and frankly always is to an extent) a persistent one.  

Ada....I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to see your face, and this week Dad even looked up the probability of your eye color.  Please get my eyes, and your father's red hair.  Thanks!! 

You wait a few extra days and you get a picture taken by someone other than me!
A picture of us on the hayride. Dad looks happy to be in the sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment