Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Sunday, September 1, 2013

19 week journal (I heart hugs!)

Ohhhh baby, 
What a week we've had!  We found out your sex, then we had a party to share and celebrate the news with our friends.  I was convinced that you were a boy. Utterly convinced, since there are no girls in Dad's family. I was umm...very wrong.  You are a GIRL!  We were so thrilled to find out, and you decided you were happy too, and on the same day we found out that we were having a baby girl, I started to really feel your kicks.  You feel like a little snakes, or bouncy balls, or maybe a little worm. I certainly didn't feel any lady-like 'flutters.'  I ignored the movement for weeks because I just figured it was my intestines and I'd wait until I could feel it better.

The party was a wonderful success and I'll write more about it this week, and include some pictures.


How Far Along: 19 (actually I'll be 20 tomorrow, but I took my picture earlier in the week)

Size of baby: This week's fruit is a mango!  Average length of 6.0 inches, and 8.5oz!

Gender: You are a very bouncy baby girl!

Movement:  Yep! It started on Thursday, and has been getting stronger, or at least more frequently every day. I think it helped to see the ultrasound and realize that where I was feeling things was where your feet were.  I know you've flipped a few times though (b/c that feels like eels...and then I get kicked somewhere else)

How I'm Changing: My belly is definitely getting rounder and bigger. I'm getting heartburn much more easily.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm not looking at a scale.

Maternity Clothes: My one pair of jeans, and two nice shirts. I have a wonderful friend who actually gave me two bags full of clothing I need to go through.

How I'm Feeling: Exhausted.  It took me until noon to really 'wake up' today, and after yesterday's party, we've been lazying about watching TV and playing board games.

Sleep: I like sleep.  I don't have leg cramps or any issues like that.  I do tend to wake up on my back, then roll over and suddenly really really need to use the restroom.

What I miss: Energy.  I like that I set my sights a lot lower on how clean my house would be for this party, because it left me much less stressed, but I still need to eventually clean up after the party.

What I'm Eating: I've been trying to get enough protein, but not really doing a good job lately.

Cravings: My only regret about yesterday is that I didn't save any of the Hershey bars, and no one brought me brownies.  Chocolate has been a pretty encompassing pregnancy desire. Today I wanted garlic bread as well.  I have no desire for fruit snacks (they gave me horrible stomach aches) or goldfish (ugh on the heartburn)

Best Moment this week: We found out that we're having a girl!! We were also able to share this news with our friends and family, which was an amazing opportunity. I was also able to go do to DC to visit with two college friends and share an awesome afternoon with them.  It was so refreshing, and fun.
I just loved this picture.  It sums up Newton's favorite position when he's feeling lovey--it involves mooching off my baby heat.  He knows a good thing when he sees it.!

My friend Kate took this picture in H&M after I picked up the shirt, and without realizing, said loudly, "I heart hugs too!!"  I think my adorableness overwhelmed her.

Apologies for the bathroom shot (but it's sort of become my 'thing' at this point).  I'm not that much different than the week before, but the jeans sorta suck stuff in.  I'm not sure why I'm concentrating quite so hard though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment