Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Friday, September 27, 2013

23 week journal

How Far Along: 23 weeks

Size of baby:  A grapefruit!  Which I actually had one of, so I took this picture:

Ada is the squirmiest grapefruit that ever existed!

Gender: Girl! 


Movement: You've been more nocturnal lately.  It's funny if I lay on my side because then you'll kick the bed. I'm feeling you kick above my belly button now, although not much.  You sometimes do this flutter thing where you kick on either side (which is odd feeling), and sometimes you stick to kicking by my belly button, which is easiest to feel.  

How I'm Changing:  More heartburn

Maternity Clothes: I've taken to wearing long tank tops under my old shirts so that they're long enough.   

How I'm Feeling: anxious sometimes, tired. I have had a stomachache the last two days, but I think it's on it's way out. I'm not sure, but it could be related to the ridiculous heartburn I've had. 

Sleep: I'm falling asleep easily, but when I wake up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I've had issues falling back asleep.  I also woke up this morning at 5:30 (and yesterday at 7) and was wide awake.  I'm not sure why... 

What I miss: . This week I miss being in control.  

What I'm Eating: Food!  

Cravings: Soup...always tastes incredible (chicken noodle).  I crave french fries and coke.   

Best Moment this week: When dad put his head on my belly and said "Hi Ada" and you kicked him really hard. Then he said it again, and you kicked him again! Actually 3 times!  My friend Stephanie felt you kick yesterday too!! Wonderful:)  

Yet another shot of my toilet...and me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment