Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

10 week journal

Hey baby!
Update time.  Tomorrow we finally go to the midwife. I'm not expecting another ultrasound, so we might have to use the shrimp picture in our announcement. I'm finally feeling better, in the sense that I'm not sick, but the nausea has come back with a vengeance. I know you're growing but could you take it easy next week? I would like a nice, relaxing, not stressful vacation!
We have a name picked out! Only if you're a girl though...if you're a boy, we're in trouble.  Please consider this as your genitals develop this week.

Thanks,
Mom


How Far Along: somewhere in the 10-11 week mark

Size of baby: My 10 week fruit in a prune, with the average size of 1.2 inches, and .14oz


Gender: No idea...I'm still rooting for a girl, but think you're a boy!

Movement:  Only in my dreams (literally I keep having dreams about when I can feel you move!)

How I'm Changing: Not much difference this week.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I go to the midwife tomorrow. I'm refusing to step onto a scale until then.

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing my 'maternity' skirts that my friend made me. I bought some new shirts from Old Navy as well.  I've got two pairs of capri's that 'fit' but sitting, they have to be unbuttoned and half unzipped. It isn't sexy, at all.

How I'm Feeling: I was GREAT last week...this week, you must be growing a lot b/c I feel like crap.  I've been pretty tired the last two days, but the pukey feeling all this week has been worse than ever before in this pregnancy, and nothing is really helping it.

Sleep: I was sleeping pretty well, but lately I've been getting up a little more. I think that if I don't wake up, I feel more rested and less nauseous. So, let's work on letting me sleep more!

What I miss: energy...and feeling like I have any semblance of control over my life and responsibilities.

What I'm Eating: I made this mistake of getting cereal and I'm eating that as a quick 'meal' of sorts. I just don't have the energy to make much, and strong smells make me SO sick.  One of those smells would be your dad cooking garlic and shrimp at 8am.  Thinking about it is making me gag.  Not cool, dude.  

Cravings: not really, although Molly put down a container of raspberries and I demolished almost the entire thing.

Best Moment this week: Tomorrow we go see the midwife!!  The 'a-ha' moment as I came up with our girls name was pretty rad!

No comments:

Post a Comment