Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Thursday, June 20, 2013

9 week journal

Let's just say that 8 weeks wasn't terribly kind to me, and ignore the lack of posting lately.  I first got a cold, and then woke up from a nap a few days after I'd recovered from that, with horribly swollen lymph nodes.  I'm not sure what was going on, but it appears I fought it off, and came out on top.  


How Far Along: 9.5 weeks (although I'm still claiming I'm at least 10 days farther along!)

Size of baby: Apparently you're the size of a kumquat, or green olive. .9 inches, .07 oz AND a doppler device might be able to pick up your heartbeat! 

Gender: We don't know...but we should take some bets.  

Movement:  We can't wait to feel you move.  

How I'm Changing: As my uterus is growing, it feels like a hard dome that I can cup my hands around by putting them flat facing in on my hips. It's amazing, and seems to be getting bigger. 


Total Weight Gain/Loss: Since I had lost a few pounds before getting pregnant I'm not sure where to start my weight gain from...but it's definitely more than I'd like, and I'm cutting back on the crappy food and how much/often I'm eating.  I'm doing so much better. 

Maternity Clothes: Yep! Jefe made me 3 skirts, and we went to Old Navy yesterday to buy some shirts.  

How I'm Feeling: AWESOME! I feel like I could do anything right now.  The last 48 hours have been FABULOUS, and I'm sleeping.  The nausea isn't there much, the food aversions are going away, and I haven't found myself gagging at the trash in at least a week!  I am a little worried about my back aching, but I made an effort to sleep with a pillow between or under my legs and it seemed to help.  

Sleep: I'm sleeping 8 hours at night for the first time in months. 

What I miss: losing weight:-/.  It's really difficult to go from losing weight consistently to gaining, and not feeling like you can exercise like you used to. I hope I can start doing Zumba again, even if it's at a much reduced intensity.  I need the movement.  

What I'm Eating: too many carbs :(.  Some jerk invented white cheddar cheetos, and I made the mistake of buying some. I also apparently really like jell-o. I need to really eat lots more protein though.  

Cravings: nothing crazy.  

Best Moment this week: Feeling human again!!  


We go to the midwife next week! On Monday we go to see the birthing center, and then Thursday is my first midwife appointment, and we'll meet the doula I interviewed.  I have a good feeling about this.  Pregnancy has, overall, been pretty easy.

Pictures: I don't look any different...so there's not really any point in posting them right now.  I can feel it, and I know it's getting bigger, but since I have belly fat already, it's not terribly obvious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment