Letters to a daughter from her parents, starting from before she was born

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Papa Bear

Dear baby,

In 2009 (I think...) when dad was out of work, and Valentine's Day was upon us; your father came up with a brilliant present.  I've liked other present's he's given me since, but this one was, by far, the most amazing thing anyone had ever done.  

He made me a website. He made a website called 'candy hearts' and every Sunday it would change to a new something sweet. It ran the gauntlet from funny sayings like "what's that got to do with tacos?" to "I love you" in as many languages as he could find.  Actually, I think the language thing was a filler, since he had to think of something like 2 years worth of Sunday's to fill up.  When he ran out of material two years later, he turned it around, and it started to do it again, in reverse. 

I have to admit that I haven't been checking it weekly, and I should.  It makes me feel so wonderful, and so close to your dad.  Today I checked it, and it brought (justified) tears to my eyes.  

Here's a screen shot:
I don't remember saying this, but I'm sure it was in a chat before I learned how to spell out the word 'you' to avoid dad's wrath.  Just a head's up, he's a little anal about grammar, and spelling, and....yeah; I'll leave it at that.  I can't wait to see him in pain in the ass papa bear mode. I love you Aaron!  

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment